Monday, January 13, 2014

Brewer's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout

Brewer's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout, Central Waters Brewing Company, Amherst, WI
(Imperial Stout, Rated 99)
I look forward to this beer every year. Such a fantastic beer from an amazing Wisconsin brewery. Central Waters is one of leading barrel-aging breweries in the United States and one of my favorite breweries altogether. They have perfected the art of barrel-aging. This year's bourbon barrel stout has been on the shelves for a few weeks now. This isn't my first one this year, but I figure I'd finally tell you all about this beauty. Pours black with a nice tan head. The aroma is heavy on the bourbon, as expected, with oak, malts, and subtle vanilla sweetness. Very smooth taste with a slightly tart finish and bourbon flavor throughout. At 9.5% abv, it definitely warms the throat on a cold Winters day. Outstanding beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment