Saturday, February 14, 2015

Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Night Train Blackberry

Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Night Train Blackberry, Oso Brewing Company, Plover, WI
(Imperial/Strong Porter)
 Dark, black pour. Aromas of tart blackberries, brett, fruitiness, and booze. Taste is blackberries, tart fruits, and a mild bourbon finish. Not sure what I expected from this, but I certainly expected more porter flavor. Instead I got more sour. Not as much roasted malt. Perhaps that was the plan. Very little carbonation. Definitely delicious and drinkable. This was a pleasant surprise.

**UPDATE** It's really only because this was brewed by Oso did I think that the sour taste was on purpose. Oso has a fantastic sour program. After conversations with friends and due to how I felt the following morning, this bottle was definitely infected. So while I didn't quite mind the sour from this beer, the sour didn't like me. It's a shame too.

No comments:

Post a Comment